Integrated Health Care
Rational approach blends traditional and alternative therapies
Maintenance, Prevention, Diagnosis
- Nutrition. Extensive pasture. Farm-grown hay, state-of-the-art feed program with top-of-the-line vitamins, minerals, probiotics. Special supplements.
- Environment. Quiet barn with clean bedding. Daily turnout in large pastures and personal paddocks.
- Veterinary Support. Rhinebeck Equine has provided support for our basic herd health and soundness since 1987. Dr. Gus Abuja is our principal resource for soundness, Dr. Laura Javsicas, for internal medicine, and Dr. Cassandra Shores for general health.
- Veterinary Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Herbal, and Class 4 Laser Treatment. We call on Dr. Brad Amery, Inline Veterinary Wellness, our specialist vet for over 15 years. He is a valued diagnostician and combines traditional and alternative practices to promote soundness and the top performance of our equine athletes.
- Individual programs of Cold Laser Therapy. Over 25 years’ experience using our own laser for preventative joint maintenance, and therapeutic treatment of tears, strains, splints, wounds, and muscle spasms.
- Cricket Hill Health Programs. We have our own protocols for preventing Lyme disease and gastic distress, monitoring metabolic function, and controlling parasites while reducing deworming medicines.
- Muscle Stretching Exercises. Basic stretches can be provided on a daily basis. Physiotherapists arranged.
Treatment & Care
- We are highly-suited for post-operative care.
- Wound and skin care; soaking, hot and cold packs, poultices, wrapping.
- Administration of medications, orally, IM and IV.
- Laser therapy for acute conditions.
- Farrier well-versed in therapeutic shoeing, balancing feet for maximum strength, comfort and performance. Weekly visit.
- Patient, careful, specific programs to get your horse back in action – from hand walking to tack walking, conditioning with ground work, and riding.
- Individualized programs set with veterinarian guidance and farrier coordination.
- Program blends our health maintenance, treatment, and training skills.